The Green Sports Alliance is hosting a free training workshop November 21st for those responsible for keeping sport facilities clean and healthy, including pro and collegiate stadiums, K12 schools, golf & tennis clubs, fitness centers, municipal rec leagues, YMCAs/YWCAs, Boys & Girls Clubs, bowling alleys, and more at the 2019 ISSA Convention. In addition to the workshop, retired NFL players Morlon Greenwood and Linden King, and leaders from the Green Sports Alliance and the sports industry will be hosting a discussion on November 20th about Greener Cleaning in Sports Facilities. Both events will take place at the Las Vegas Convention Center as part of the 2019 ISSA Convention and Tradeshow.
Panel Discussion – Sports Greening Movement and Greener Cleaning in Sports Facilities
On Wednesday, November 20th from 4:30 – 5:30 pm, the Alliance is participating in a panel discussion on the tradeshow floor. This discussion will focus on greener cleaning products and practices within sports facility operations, opportunities for innovation and advancement, and harnessing the cultural and market influence of sports to drive and affect broader societal change. Attendees will learn what they need in order to overcome the challenges of changing over to green cleaning philosophies and practices. Speakers include:
- Stephen Ashkin | Founder & CEO, Sustainability Dashboard Tools and The Ashkin Group, Board Member of Green Sports Alliance
- Morlon Greenwood | Vice President NFL Alumni Association Las Vegas Chapter, Retired NFL Player
- Linden King | President NFL Alumni Association Las Vegas Chapter, Retired NFL Player
- Roger McClendon | Executive Director, Green Sports Alliance
- Yalmaz Siddiqui | Vice President, Corporate Sustainability, MGM Resorts International
Workshop – Green Sports Alliance to Launch Updated Greener Cleaning Playbook
On Thursday, November 21st from 8:30 – 11:30 am, the Alliance will launch its updated Greener Cleaning Playbook and workshop attendees will learn about greener cleaning in sport facilities. They will also have the opportunity to walk the trade show floor with more than 700 exhibitors – all at no cost.
The Alliance’s Greener Cleaning Playbook is based on the lessons-learned from leading professional teams who are committed to keeping their players, fans and facilities clean and healthy, while reducing impacts on the environment.
This 3-hour workshop will be taught by Stephen Ashkin, member of the Green Sports Alliance Board of Directors, lead author of the Alliance’s Playbook on Greener Cleaning in Sport Facilities, and widely considered the “Father of Green Cleaning”. The program will cover:
- What is state-of-the-art Green Cleaning in sport facilities
- Strategies to protect athlete and fan health, while also reducing environmental impacts – and with an eye on costs
- Implementation strategies for a winning Green Cleaning program
- Product guidelines for purchasing cost-effective Green Cleaning products
Attendees will receive a certificate of course completion and a flash drive with a copy of the playbook, procurement tools, and additional resources to bring back to their organization.
To learn more about the ISSA Show visit their webpage here.
Register for the workshop and discussion using code: Alliance19 here. Navigate to “Don’t have your Company ID or not a member of ISSA” and enter your information to begin complimentary registration.
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors:
|· Aramark||· ISSA|
|· Brady||· Kaivac Cleaning Systems|
|· ESPN||· Lighthouse for the Blind|
|· Essity||· MLB|
|· Excel Dryer||· MLS|
|· GenEon||· NASCAR|
|· Green Schools Alliance||· NHL|
|· Greenworks Tools||· Project Green Schools|
|· Intercon Chemical||· Strategic Market Alliance|