Scott Jenkins becomes Past Chair, Welcomes New Board Chair Aileen McManamon
The Green Sports Alliance (GSA) has announced the appointment of a new board chair today. Scott Jenkin’s leadership is commended for his long-term stewardship and incredible elevation of sustainability in the sports industry.
“It has been an absolute pleasure and honor serving our industry as the Board Chair of the Green Sports Alliance for the past 12 years. The sports industry is realizing the great potential to lead by example and engage our stakeholders on this journey to ensure a healthy and prosperous future for all,” said Scott Jenkins. “I’d like to thank all our members, partners, staff, and fellow board members for years of fond memories and for building a powerful movement. I look forward to serving on the Board of Directors as Past Chair and continuing to support the growth and influence of the Green Sports Alliance.”
The Green Sports Alliance welcomes Aileen McManamon as the Board Chair. “I’m honored to take the baton from Scott. His unwavering stewardship of GSA and continuous green innovation leadership from Philadelphia, Atlanta to Seattle has illuminated the pathway for thousands of industry professionals over the past 12 years,” said Aileen McManamon.
“We are at a key inflection point: the world is paying close attention to how the sports industry responds to increasing social and environmental challenges. GSA is where progressive organizations convene and exchange insights and solutions to meet these,” said Aileen McManamon. “GSA intends to do what we do best: drive measurable results every day, set the bar higher the next day, and inspire those around us to do the same.”
The Green Sports Alliance has also welcomed back thirteen of its Board of Directors as a 3-year term, gearing up its community for the next level of the sports greening movement.
- Scott Jenkins – Past Board Chair (PlanLED Inc)
- Carlie Bullock-Jones – Vice Board Chair (EcoWorks Studio)
- Jackie Venture – Treasurer (Golden State Warriors)
- Jonathan Balas – Secretary (Yum! Brands)
- Elaine Aye (RWDI)
- Christy Briggs (Lumen Field/Seattle Seahawks)
- Brandon Hamilton (Kansas City Chiefs)
- Brandon Igadalsky (Igdalsky Consulting)
- Dune Ives (Ball Corporation)
- Ian McDoom (Chase Center Arena)
- Robin Raj (Citizen Group)
- Jason Twill (Virdis Initiatives, Urban Apostles)
- Cyrus Wadia (Former Amazon)