This week Green Sports Alliance President Dr. Allen Hershkowitz and Board Chair Scott Jenkins traveled to Paris for COP21 where they were joined by sports industry representatives from throughout the world to communicate the sports industry’s collective concern about the urgent need to address climate change. Like everyone attending the Paris climate negotiations, those representing the sports industry also communicated about our collective responsibility to help reduce global warming pollution and reporting on the many good initiatives that the sports industry has already undertaken during the past decade to lower its carbon profile.
The Green Sports Alliance hosted two one-hour panel discussions focused on how sports is addressing climate issues that were held at Le Grand Palais during the weekend of December 5th & 6th.
Grand Palais Panel – December 5th
- Alejandro Agag | CEO, Formula E
- Neil Beecroft | Sustainability Manager, UEFA
- Gretchen Bleiler | Olympic silver medalist in snowboarding; Protect Our Winters Board member
- Omar Mitchell | Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility, National Hockey League
- Moderator: Allen Hershkowitz, Ph.D | President, Green Sports Alliance
Click here to watch the panel discussion.
Grand Palais Panel – December 6th
- Chris DeVolder | Sustainable Design Leader, HOK
- Sheila Nguyen | Executive Director of the Sports Environment Alliance
- Jonathan Smith | Chief Executive, Golf Environment Organization
- Alexis LeRoy | Founder and CEO, ALLCOT Group
- Moderator: Scott Jenkins | Board Chair, Green Sports Alliance