GREEN SPORTS ALLIANCE SUMMIT HEADS TO BROOKLYN AUG. 26-28, 2013 TO KICK OFF THIRD YEAR
More Than 500 Industry Leaders Will Gather To Advance Sports Greening
Aug. 21, 2013 (NEW YORK CITY) — The Green Sports Alliance kicks off their third annual Summit, Aug. 26-28, 2013 at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge. More than 500 industry leaders and 80+ speakers will be on hand to advance the sports greening movement over three days. The 2013 Summit will feature a diverse program of learning opportunities including workshops, tours, keynotes, plenaries, industry roundtables, an exhibit hall and high-level networking.
The Green Sports Alliance is a non-profit organization with a mission to help sports teams, venues and leagues enhance their environmental performance.
The Green Sports Alliance Summit brings together professional and collegiate sports organizations with sports industry leaders and environmental and sustainability thought leaders. The Summit is a platform to create and share innovative solutions to help improve the environmental performance of an entire industry — learning from, sharing with and inspiring each other to find a better way to play.
The sports industry is uniquely positioned to make large scale impact in the environmental performance of many of our largest public spaces. Sports teams also play a special role in influencing citizens and mobilizing communities to take action. The Summit seeks to highlight better practices for enhancing performance and fostering a dialogue with stakeholders and fans about environmental stewardship.
WHEN Aug. 26-28, 2013
New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
333 Adams Street
Brooklyn, New York 11201
– Aug. 27 @ 9:00 a.m. | Nike’s Lisa MacCallum Carter gives opening keynote.
– Aug. 27 @ 9:30 a.m. | Owners of the Philadelphia Eagles, New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, and Pittsburgh Pirates speak on a panel discussing the business case for sustainable investments and initiatives.
– Aug. 27 @ 7:00 p.m. | The 2013 Green Sports Gala will be held at The Liberty Warehousewith special guest, Philadelphia Eagles co-owner, Christina Weiss Lurie, receiving the second annual Green Sports Alliance Environmental Leadership Award.
– Aug. 28 @ 9:30 a.m. | Professional athletes Kimmy Fasani, Andrew Ference and Michael Richter share their motivations for stepping up to bat for the planet and bringing fans along with them.
– Aug. 28 @ 1:00 p.m. | The U.S. EPA and Green Sports Alliance host the Women, Sports and the Environment Symposium, a participatory dialogue regarding the role of women in advancing sports and the environment. Featured speakers include Alison Gannett, award-winning global cooling consultant, World Champion Extreme FreeSkier, and founder of multiple non-profits, including the Save Our Snow Foundation and Mary Harvey, former COO for Women’s Professional Soccer and principal of Ripple Effect Consulting. This event is by invitation only, but media are invited to engage speakers and attendees following the Symposium at 3 p.m. in the Legends Ballroom at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge.
WEBSITE Find out more about the 2013 Summit at www.greensportssummit.org