It was announced late last month that the Green Sports Alliance has been short-listed as a finalist for the StadiumBusiness Sustainability Award 2014. The StadiumBusiness Awards recognize leadership, innovation and achievement in the delivery, operation and management of sports facilities globally. For the second time in three years, the Alliance has made the short-list for the Sustainability Award. The Alliance is in the hunt to win the award for “achievement, success or leadership in the pursuit of sustainable venue and event management” and is in the esteemed company of the following green sports leaders and projects:
- Allianz Park: ‘Sustainability Focus’, UK
- Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment: ‘Taking Environmentalism to Heart’, Canada
- M&T Bank Stadium: ‘LEED Gold Certification’, USA
- The Llanelli Scarlets for UK’s Largest Stadium Installation of Solar PVs, UK
- United States Tennis Association: ‘Decreasing the Environmental Footprint’, USA
We’re pleased to see many Alliance members on the short-list this year. The winners will be announced during TheStadiumBusiness Summit in London on June 4, 2014. So stay tuned!
Click here to find out more about the StadiumBusiness Awards 2014.