Date: Thursday, January 17th, 2019
Location: Arizona State University, Sun Devil Stadium Founders’ Club | Tempe, AZ
Time: 8:00am-4:30pm MST
The Sports & Sustainability Symposium, hosted by Arizona State University will convene regional professional and collegiate sports teams and venues, concessionaires, business and public leaders, and athletes to explore how the industry can make plays to advance healthier, more sustainable communities.
Programming will highlight sustainable waste, water, and energy practices and solutions, with an emphasis on golf, collegiate, and professional sports sectors.
Hosted in the Sun Devil Stadium Founders’ Club, this event will be located on the premium level, offering an unprecedented experience including outstanding views of the field.
Our EMCEE for the entire event is Colin Tetreault | Senior Sustainability Scholar and Global Sports Scholar, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, Arizona State University.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 17TH
8:00am – Registration, Breakfast & Networking
8:30am – Welcome & Introductory Remarks
- Ray Anderson | Vice President for University Athletics & Athletic Director, Arizona State University
- Christopher Boone | Dean & Professor, School of Sustainability, Arizona State University
8:40am – Local Leadership Panel
- Moderator: Colin Tetreault | Senior Sustainability Scholar and Global Sports Scholar, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, Arizona State University
- Karina Bohn | COO, Global Sport Institute
- Deana Garner Smith | Senior Associate Athletic Director & Senior Women’s Administrator, Arizona State University
- Cheryl Wong | Assistant Commissioner, Sport Management and Championships, Pac-12 Conference
- Tamara Woodbury | CEO, Girl Scouts – Arizona Cactus-Pine Council
9:45am – Water Panel
- Moderator: Nicole González Patterson | Arizona and Nevada Policy Director, Business for Water Stewardship
- Dave Dunne | General Manager, Salt River Fields
- Jon Freedman | Senior Vice President – Global Government Affairs, SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions
- Warren Gorowitz | Vice President of Sustainability, Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply
- Todd Reeve | CEO, Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF)
10:45am – Networking Break
11:00am – Energy Panel
- Moderator: Curt Hilliker | Sr. Director of Business Development, Commercial Solar, Sun Valley Solar Solutions
- Greg Bernosky | Director of Integration and Implementation, APS
- Fred Corsi | Executive Director of Operations, State Farm Stadium
- Dhruv Patel | VP EPC, McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- Andy Tobin | Commissioner, Arizona Corporate Commission
12:00pm – Keynote – “The Art of the Possible”
- Karen Morgan | President & CEO, Dynamic Energy Networks
12:30pm – Lunch & Networking
Join us from 1:00 – 1:30pm for a Lunch Guru Session presented by U.S. Department of Energy, Western CHP Technical Assistance Partnership.
2:00pm – Waste Panel
- Moderator: Kelsey Gaude | Program Manager, Facilities Management – Zero Waste, Arizona State University
- Brandie Barrett | Deputy Public Works Director, City of Phoenix
- Matt Helmeid | Director, Special Projects & Brand Development, Arizona Diamondbacks
- Doug Kunnemann | Business Development Leader – Performance Packaging, NatureWorks
- Janette Micelli | Corporate Communications Manager, Waste Management
3:00pm – Networking Break
3:15pm – Golf Panel & Discussion
- Moderator: Rico Tesio | Co-Founder & COO, Blue Strike Environmental
- Shawn Emerson | Director of Agronomy, Desert Mountain Club
- Bradley Klein | Senior Writer, Golf Channel, and Journalist, GolfAdvisor.com
- Pamela Smith, Esq., CGCS | Director of Agronomy, Parks & Recreation, Golf Division, City and County of Denver
- Andy Staples | Owner, Staples Golf Design
4:15pm – Closing Remarks
4:30pm – Networking Event Sponsored By:
Sponsorship Opportunities Are Available
A wide range of sponsorship levels are available. Please click here for our Sponsorship Overview.
For information about sponsoring this event or to confirm your participation, please contact Director of Partnerships, Erik Distler, at email@example.com.
Register to Attend
Special discounted rates are available for Green Sports Alliance sports and corporate members. Please contact Garrett Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org for discount codes.
Parking & Venue
Parking will be available on the North side of Sun Devil Stadium in Lot 59 (west of the solar panels in the picture below).
Attendees, please park there and walk through the Student Athlete Facility to enter the stadium and head up to the club level.
Thank you to our sponsors!